What is UltraCogDHA™?
UltraCogDHA™ (Phosphatidylserine) is a naturally occurring phospholipid which is important for the maintenance and health of the cell membrane and elicits important cell signaling that modifies neuronal function. More importantly, phosphatidylserine has been shown to play an important role in bolstering our cognitive health within the membrane of neurons. Phosphatidylserine (PS) naturally function within our bodies for the maintenance and health of the cell membranes, particularly our neuronal membranes. PS is known to provide a crucial benefit of bolstering our cognitive health through maintenance of proper neurotransmitter levels as well as enhancing membrane-mediated signaling of neurons. With age-associated cognitive decline becoming an increasing concern, it is more important than ever to maintain healthy levels of phosphatidylserine to reinforce proper neurological function. Supplementation of phosphatidylserine may even reduce the risk of dementia and cognitive dysfunction in the elderly.*
Benefits of UltraCogDHA™
UltraCogDHA™ is an all-natural phosphatidylserine that is derived with omega-3 from an all-natural, non-GMO marine source. UltraCogDHA™ offers all the cognitive advantages of PS with the added benefits of unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids, and it is isolated utilizing proprietary technology to deliver the most bioactive and potent functional ingredient for cognitive improvement, mental acuity, and cardiovascular health.
Additionally, UltraCogDHA™ is a form of PS that is not only derived from PS conjugated omega-3 but specifically, docosahexaenoic acid form which is often known to provide more potent health benefits due to its nature long-chain unsaturated fatty acid. Both USDA Dietary Guidelines and the American Heart Association recommend the incorporation of DHA (omega-3 fatty acids) into our diets for better cardiovascular health. Interestingly DHA has been shown to be a key component of our brains. This synergistic function of both PS and DHA is what makes UltraCogDHA™ such a potently effective molecule. UltraCogDHA™ effectively functions to:
- Increase cognitive activity
- Reduce feelings of distress and improve overall mood
- Slow down the age-associated decline of mental function
- Improve cardiovascular health
A voluminous amount of in vitro studies utilizing primary human neurons has shown that phosphatidylserine is absolutely vital for proper neuronal function. Phosphatidylserine is known to be important in the vesicular release of neurotransmitters from presynaptic terminals, transduction of neuron-to-neuron signaling, preserving Na+/K+ balance, and regulate neuronal growth homeostasis. These essential neuronal functions eventually decline with age, and their proper maintenance is required in order to maintain proper neurological health and cognition.
Several pre-clinical and clinical studies have shown that the dietary supplementation of phosphatidylserine has both a neuroprotective and neuro-enhancing effect:
- Aged preclinical models were fed various forms of phosphatidylserine. The researchers observed a significant improvement in three different, independent cognitive tests. Ultimately the authors of the study conclude that there was an increase in psychomotor capacity and overall cognitive improvement.
- Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of dementia and cognitive dysfunction in the elderly. A study was conducted in which scientists took brain sections and incubated them with phosphatidylserine. The sheer act of exposing the brain to more phosphatidylserine lead to an increased activity of neurons. In addition, two clinical studies have shown that phosphatidylserine can improve cognitive function in patients with age-related dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Collectively, the large amount of amassed data shows that phosphatidylserine is vital to proper cognitive health.
- Chemical name: Phosphatidylserine
- Recommended daily intake: 20-300mg
- Pack size: 1 kg (custom packaging available)
- Molecular formula: C17D24NO10P
- Molar weight: 385.3 g/mol
- CAS number: 84776-79-4
- Purity: >99%. 50% granulated for direct compression
*Very limited and preliminary scientific research suggests that phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of cognitive dysfunction in the elderly. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This information on this website is provided for developmental purposes only. This is not a specification, a guarantee of composition, or certificate of analysis. The information contained herein is correct to the best of our knowledge. Recommendations and suggestions contained on this website are made without guarantee or representation as to results. We suggest you evaluate these recommendations prior to use. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence, or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.